Usage & Project Guidelines
QiKfunder™ projects should meet the following guidelines:
- All QiKfunder social funding projects must be a project or a cause.
- We do not allow 'fund my life' i.e. buy a new car, take a trip, etc.
- A project must have a clearly defined purpose and goal.
- It should be stated how the funds are to be used upon completion of the project. There should be a set target, and the delivery of rewards must be guaranteed.
If an organization has a 501(c) status, it can offer tax deductible receipts in return for contributing in the corresponding amount. Usually, tax deductible pledges will not be allowed to be offered along with other rewards for a single pledge.
It is the project creator’s responsibility to ensure that all receipts are correctly provided, and to ensure that he or she is acting lawfully within the tax laws. If unsure, we recommend seeking financial advice from a tax attorney.
No Financial Rewards: Raising investment funds or providing financial incentives are prohibited. Selling shares, providing financial rewards, or profit sharing is not allowed on QiKfunder for Social Funding.
QiKfunder prohibits project creators from offering certain items as rewards, including:
- Alcohol. QiKfunder does not allow any project creators to offer alcoholic beverages as rewards.
- Sexually explicit material or offers: QiKfunder does not allow any project creator to offer rewards that include sexually explicit material or conduct.
- Raffles, lotteries, and sweepstakes: QiKfunder does not allow any project creator to offer raffles or other competitions as rewards
- Illegal or restricted items: QiKfunder does not allow any project creator to offer rewards that include (but not limited to) illegal or restricted items such as weapons, illicit drugs or prescription medications.
- QiKfunder adheres to copyright laws and project creators should never post copyright content without the right to do so. Any infringing material may be removed.
- Any project that violates these guidelines will not be approved or will be removed from the site. Please contact us for further questions.
One may not use QiKfunder for activities that: (i) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (ii) relate to sales of (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (d) items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime, (e) items that are considered obscene, (f) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (g) certain sexually oriented materials or services, or (h) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (i) ,certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law; (iii) relate to transactions that (a) show the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law, (b) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other “get rich quick” schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs, (c) are associated with purchases of real property, annuities or lottery contracts, lay- away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (d) are by payment processors to collect payments on behalf of merchants, (e), are associated with the following Money Service Business activities: the sale of traveler’s checks or money orders, currency exchanges or check cashing, or (f) provide certain credit repair or debt settlement services; (iv) involve the sales of products or services identified by government agencies to have a high likelihood of being fraudulent; (v) violate applicable laws or industry regulations regarding the sale of (a) tobacco products, or (b) prescription drugs and devices; (vi) involve gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to casino games, sports betting, horse or greyhound racing, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery) and sweepstakes unless the operator has obtained prior approval from QiKfunder and the operator and customers are located exclusively in jurisdictions where such activities are permitted by law.
QiKfunder promotes constructive feedback, but will not tolerate abuse to our members. Obscene and unreasonable postings will be removed. Posting inappropriately could lead to removal or suspension of an account.
Project Creators : Must be 18 years of age or older and have a U.S. bank account.
Funders / Contributors: Must be 18 years of age or of legal age in your jurisdiction.
Promoting Your Project:
Project creators should do what they can to promote their project (e.g., social media, friends and family, blogs) but should always comply with any applicable laws and do not spam.
Spread the Word but Don't Spam:
QiKfunder does not support spamming as a way of promotion. Spamming a project takes away from credibility, and puts the project in jeopardy of being suspended.
- Emailing or direct messaging strangers about your project
- Using email lists from third parties or soliciting backers of other QiKfunder projects
- Sending unsolicited replies on Twitter
- Link-bombing forums
- Promoting a project on other projects’ pages
- Not sure if something is spam? If one must ask if something is spam, it most likely is.
- Be respectful and considerate.
- Don't harass or make personal attacks.
- Don't post obscene, hateful, or objectionable content.
- Don't post copyrighted content without permission. Only post content that you have the rights to.
- Do not back a project that you do not support.